Do you want more choice in how you get around Omaha? If so, there are many ways you can help make it happen.
Participate in Planning Processes
- Omaha Metro is currently conducting Central Omaha Transit Alternatives Analysis. Attend public meetings or participate online.
- Participate in:
- Send comments:
Participate in Transportation-Related Organizations
Follow Mode Shift Omaha on Twitter or Facebook for policy and project updates. Or sign up for the ModeShiftOmaha email list to get announcements about meetings and other ways to be involved. We also could use help in various areas from volunteers.
Or get involved with other organizations in the Omaha area and beyond.
- About the City of Omaha’s Transportation Planning process; view past presentations about the TMP, the timeline, and other information.
- About complete streets; streets designed and operated to enable safe access for all users.
- About why we need more choice in how we get around Omaha.
- About current transportation plans:
- Attend our monthly Transportation Coffee Chats, usually the last Friday of the month, at 8:00am at 13th Street Coffee & Tea.
Other Ways You Can Influence Transportation Policies
- Write a letter to the editor or include information about transportation choices in your neighborhood association or work newsletter. See the “why we need more choice” page for some helpful information.
- Contact the City of Omaha to make comments about the transportation master plan and transportation policies.
- Participate in Engage Omaha, the city’s virtual town hall.
- Contact OMetro about how to improve the bus system.
Ride your bike, take the bus, walk, and carpool when you can!