Do you want more options in how you get around Omaha? If so, there are many ways you can help make it happen.
Participate in Transportation-Related Organizations
You can follow @ModeShiftOmaha or fb.com/ModeShiftOmaha for policy and project updates. Sign up for the ModeShiftOmaha email list to get announcements about meetings and other ways to be involved. We also could use help in various areas from volunteers.
You can also get involved with other organizations in the Omaha area working on transportation-related issues.
- About the City of Omaha’s Transportation Planning process; view past presentations about the TMP, the timeline, and other information.
- About Omaha complete streets (streets designed and operated to enable safe access for all users).
- About current transportation plans:
- Attend our monthly Transportation Coffee Chats (see the calendar on the right for upcoming dates).
- Attend our monthly member meetings, open to anyone who is interested in supporting our mission (see the calendar on the right for upcoming dates)
Other Ways You Can Influence Transportation Policies
- Write a letter to the editor or include information about transportation choices in your neighborhood association or work newsletter. See the “why we need more choice” page for some helpful information.
- Contact the City of Omaha to make comments about the transportation master plan and transportation policies.
- Participate in Engage Omaha, the city’s virtual town hall.
- Contact OMetro about how to improve the bus system.
Ride your bike, take the bus, walk, and carpool when you can!