Welcome to the Mode Shift Omaha blog! We are a group of citizens interested in the future of transportation in the Omaha area (and Nebraska). Mode Shift Omaha advocates for transportation options that enhance quality of life and opportunities to live, work, and play, for everyone.
The purpose of our group is to partner with and activate transportation-related campaigns, groups, and projects to:
- Raise awareness and empower an engaged public about Omaha transportation issues, and
- Advocate for implementation of a robust transportation master plan and its vision for safe and balanced transportation in Omaha now and in the future.
Check out our strategic plan here.
We welcome invitations to speak to neighborhood and other groups about transportation. Please email us to set up a time.
Join us! Contribute writing, share photos from your travels, design your ideal transportation system, or just comment on a story that catches your interest. Contact us to submit ideas or content or if you’d like to be added to our mail list.
If you’d like to volunteer, we could use help for the following:
- Write blog posts about transportation-related issues.
- Monitor the weekly City Council agenda for transportation-related items.
- Monitor the Nebraska State Legislature for transportation-related bills.
- Organize monthly transportation coffee chats.
- Contact Omaha-area event organizers and encourage them to communicate multimodal options for getting to the event.
- Represent Mode Shift on planning committees (such as the Heartland Active Transportation Summit)
- Help update the website and add new resources.
Mode Shift Omaha is a member of the Alliance for Biking and Walking.