Welcome to the Mode Shift Omaha blog! We are a group of citizens interested in the future of transportation in Omaha (and Nebraska). We wish to see a more resilient and responsive transportation system that provides mobility choices for all and enhances the livability of our community.
The Goals of our group:
- Raise awareness and empower an engaged public about Omaha transportation issues.
- Advocate for implementation of a robust transportation master plan and its vision for balanced transportation in Omaha now and in the future.
- Partner with and activate other transportation-related campaigns, groups, and projects.
The focus of this blog is to educate ourselves and others, provoke conversation, and build a shared vision of what our transportation could and should become.
Join us! Contribute writing, share photos from your travels, design your ideal transportation system, or just comment on a story that catches your interest. Contact us to submit ideas or content.
If you’d like to volunteer, we could use help for the following:
- Write blog posts about transportation-related issues.
- Monitor the weekly City Council agenda for transportation-related items.
- Monitor the Nebraska State Legislature for transportation-related bills.
- Organize monthly transportation coffee chats.
- Contact Omaha-area event organizers and encourage them to communicate multi-modal options for getting to the event.
- Represent Mode Shift on planning committees (such as the Heartland Active Transportation Summit)
- Help update the website and add new resources.