Mode Shift Omaha is a grassroots, volunteer-run, 501(c)3 organization that advocates for transportation options that enhance quality of life and opportunities to live, work, and play, for everyone.
Some of our activities include:
- Organizing monthly coffee chats about transportation-related issues.
- Organizing events that support transportation options, such as the Heyday on May Day and Bike/Ped Coordinator Rally.
- Monitoring and providing information about local transportation-related projects in Omaha, such as the Benson Streetscape Project.
- Monitoring and advocating for policy changes that support multi-modal transportation.
- Meeting with elected officials about transportation issues.
- Collaborating and networking with other transportation-related organizations such as Omaha Bikes to raise awareness about transportation issues.
- Serving on city and regional government committees to ensure biking, walking and transit are part of the discussion.
- Speaking to neighborhood and other groups about transportation and urban design issues. (Please email us to set up a time.)
Check out our strategic focus here.
Join us! Contribute writing, share photos from your travels, design your ideal transportation system, or just comment on a story that catches your interest. Contact us to submit ideas or content or sign up for our mail list.
We also hold monthly member meetings open to anyone who is interested in supporting our mission. See the calendar on the right for upcoming dates.
If you’d like to volunteer, we could use help for the following:
- Write blog posts about transportation-related issues.
- Monitor the weekly City Council agenda for transportation-related items.
- Monitor the Nebraska State Legislature for transportation-related bills.
- Contact Omaha-area event organizers and encourage them to communicate multimodal options for getting to the event.
- Represent Mode Shift on planning committees.
- Help update the website and add new resources.
Please contact us if you’d like to get involved.
We also welcome your financial support. Please make a one-time or monthly donation here.
Mode Shift Omaha is a member of the Alliance for Biking and Walking.