- Walking guides and maps:
- Walk Score® for some areas of Omaha are listed here.
- The Omaha Metropolitan Area Bicycle Map, 2015 Edition provides guidance for on-street routes. The link shows both pages of the entire, high resolution map. This is a very large 26 MB file. Please download only if you need the full resolution version. Professionally printed maps are available at local bicycle shops.
- Use the Omaha Trails Map for your rides around Omaha’s trails. See also the Council Bluffs trail map.
- Map of bike infrastructure essentials in Omaha such as fixit stations, racks, b-cycle stations.
- Google maps for bicycling.
- Find bike friendly destinations in the Omaha area.
- Bike scores for some areas of Omaha are listed here.
- City of Omaha Biking page.
- For updates on trail closures go here and for street closures go here.
- Use this Bike Parking Guide to help choose appropriate bike racks and placement.
- The City of Omaha has a limited number of “U” style bicycle racks to offer existing businesses and organizations. The City will deliver and install the racks free-of-charge if placed in the public right-of-way. Contact Stephen Osberg.
- Visit the Metro website to for information about the Omaha bus system, map, schedules, and more.
- Google Maps for Transit
- View this video, available in multiple languages, on how to take the bus, or this video on how to use the bike racks.
- See the latest plans for Bus Rapid Transit along Dodge Street.
- Here is a list of Active & Public Transportation-Related Organizations in the Omaha Area.
- Omaha Mayor’s Active Living Advisory Committee meeting agendas and notes
Assessments & Scorecards
- Douglas County Health Department Health Impact Assessments
- Advocacy Advance’s Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) Nebraska Scorecard