I support roundabouts on Farnam Street at 50th Street and 52nd Street to slow traffic, improve safety, and allow for 2-way traffic all day. The Farnam Roundabout proposal will help Omaha get to our goal of Vision Zero: zero deaths in our streets.
More about roundabouts
Roundabouts have a proven safety record around the world.
- There have been no reported injuries of pedestrians or bicyclists in roundabouts in Omaha, several of which are in walkable, residential neighborhoods like Elmwood and Aksarben.
- There are more than 8800 roundabouts in the US. Since 2010, there have only been 10 deaths of pedestrians or bicyclists in these intersections.
- Emergency services will be able to navigate the proposed roundabouts, Public Works received a letter of support from the Fire Chief
- Snow plows will also be able to navigate the roundabouts.
- The proposed roundabouts are ADA accessible.
Learn more about the Farnam proposal in a recent Mode Shift blog.