Mode Shift Omaha’s Transportation Coffee Chats are informal monthly events featuring special guests with various connections to transportation in the Omaha area. These meetups are part learning from the featured guest and part discussion. We meet every third Friday from 8am to 9am at different coffee shops around Omaha. See our calendar for the next meeting date and location. All are welcome!
Upcoming Coffee Chat Speakers and Locations:
- March 17 at Accelerando 7023 Cass St (Note new location) – Julie Reilly, Omaha by Design (start at 8:15 am).
If you are interested in being a guest speaker or suggesting a speaker, please contact: email@example.com.
Recent Coffee Chat Speakers:
- Pell Duvall, Omaha Bikes
- Crystal Rhoades, Nebraska Public Service Commission
- Julie Harris, Nebraska Bicycling Alliance and the Mayor’s Active Living Advisory Committee.
- Stephen Osberg, Omaha City Planning
- Jason Rose, Omaha Metro (BRT update)
- Greg Youell, Executive Director, Metropolitan Area Planning Agency (MAPA) — See blog post summary here.
- Lisa Kelly, Outlook Nebraska. See blog post summary here.
- Jeff Spiehs, Greater Omaha Young Professionals & Heartland 2050 – meeting notes here
- Tom Everson, Keep Kids Alive Drive 25 – meeting notes here
- Dennis Bryers, Omaha Parks & Rec Landscape Architect / Park & Recreation Planner II – meeting notes here
- Nancy Williams, No More Empty Pots Co-Founder & President – meeting notes here
- Scott Larsen, Refugee Empowerment Center Education & Outreach Coordinator – meeting notes here
- Lauren Cencic, Omaha Metro Transit Project Manager of BRT – meeting notes here
- Michael Young, Omaha Metro Transit Board Member