In the past Mode Shift organized a monthly or so Coffee Chat. Learn more about those past events and find a list of past speakers and notes below. If you’re interested in helping us bring back regular Coffee Chats, contact us at: info [at] modeshiftomaha.org Find info on current events here.
Mode Shift Omaha’s Transportation Coffee Chats are informal monthly events featuring guests with various connections to transportation in the Omaha area. These meetups are part learning from the featured guest and part discussion. We meet every third Friday from 8am to 9am (sometimes 8:15-9:15 depending on the location) at different coffee shops around Omaha. See our calendar for the next meeting date and location. All are welcome!
If you are interested in being a guest speaker or suggesting a speaker, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Coffee Chat Speakers:
- Benny Foltz, Heartland Bcycle at Bob Kerry Pedestrian Bridge
- Alexis Bromley, Seventy Five North.
- Nebraska Legislative District 8 candidates. Location: Spielbound (3229 Harney St). More event information here.
- Jason Valandra, Bold Nebraska.
- Mike Helgerson, Omaha-Council Bluffs Metro Area Planning Agency (MAPA)
- Nick Weander, Olsson Associates. See summary here
- Willie Hamilton, Black Men United
- Kara Eastman, Omaha Healthy Kids Alliance and running for NE Congressional District 2
- Mary O’Donohue, Midtown Vision 2050
- Daniel Lawse, Midtown on the Move
- Julie Reilly, Omaha by Design
- Pell Duvall, Omaha Bikes
- Crystal Rhoades, Nebraska Public Service Commission
- Julie Harris, Nebraska Bicycling Alliance and the Mayor’s Active Living Advisory Committee.
- Stephen Osberg, Omaha City Planning
- Jason Rose, Omaha Metro (BRT update)
- Greg Youell, Executive Director, Metropolitan Area Planning Agency (MAPA) — See blog post summary here.
- Lisa Kelly, Outlook Nebraska. See blog post summary here.
- Jeff Spiehs, Greater Omaha Young Professionals & Heartland 2050 – meeting notes here
- Tom Everson, Keep Kids Alive Drive 25 – meeting notes here
- Dennis Bryers, Omaha Parks & Rec Landscape Architect / Park & Recreation Planner II – meeting notes here
- Nancy Williams, No More Empty Pots Co-Founder & President – meeting notes here
- Scott Larsen, Refugee Empowerment Center Education & Outreach Coordinator – meeting notes here
- Lauren Cencic, Omaha Metro Transit Project Manager of BRT – meeting notes here
- Michael Young, Omaha Metro Transit Board Member