Mode Shift Omaha is organizing transportation advocacy coalition meetings to continue conversation about creating a shared advocacy agenda for expanding transportation options and choice in the Omaha area.
The next transportation advocacy joint meeting will be held Monday, January 23, 2012 at 6:30pm in the UNO CPACS building room 132D (see directions below).
The agenda for the meeting will include:
- An overview of the funding process for local, regional and state transportation projects and how policy is made related to planning, funding, and implementing transportation projects.
- Overview of existing policies and plans at the local, regional and state level supportive or not of active and public transportation.
- Beginning conversation about policies and practices we want to jointly influence/change.
- Future meetings and next steps.
Please let us know if you’re planning to attend. If you cannot join us, but would like to be included in future discussion, please let us know at email@example.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, or Twitter.
Directions for getting to UNO CPACS:
- The map of the UNO campus is here: http://www.unomaha.edu/maps/docs/UNO-2010-10.pdf. The CPACS building is in the middle of the Dodge street location marked CPC.
- Metro bus #2 makes frequent stops on Dodge Street or #11 passes close by on Leavenworth street with a short walk through Elmwood park to campus: http://www.metroareatransit.com/bus-system/system-map#bus-routes
- Bike racks are on the west side of the CPACS building.
- If you are driving, you can park at the meters in front of the Milo Bail Student Center (MSC) or Eppley Administration Building (EAB)–in lots C or B. You can also request a temporary parking permit in advance that allows you to park anywhere on campus: http://www.unomaha.edu/parking/visitor_form.php.