The Citizens’ Academy for Omaha’s Future – a program we co-developed and co-facilitate with LiveWell, MAPA, and the Douglas County Health Department, is taking applications now for its next class that will start Oct. 1. Participants will learn how different values and decisions shape the built environment of Omaha. The workshops will include topics on planning, transportation, the development process, land use, and community health. Guest speakers will emphasize when and how the public can impact the development process. Tuition is $50 and includes supper at each of the six 3-hour workshops. Workshops are held on Thursdays from 5:30 to 8:30 pm. Click here for more information.
And check out other transportation-related events coming up:
- The Mayor’s Town Hall Meetings are starting Sep 24 at 6:30pm in Benson. Click here for more information:
- Kaneko Bike Night is Oct 9: More information here.
- Leavenworth Midtown Bike Route – Focus Group
- The next Mode Shift Omaha Transportation Coffee Chat is October 16, 8:00-9:00am at Kaneko-UNO Library at 1111 Jones Street. Our guest will be Murthy Koti, City Traffic Engineer, Omaha Public Works.
- The next Mode Shift member meeting is October 28, 7:00-8:30pm at the Pizza Shoppe in Benson.
See other events in our calendar here.