Help us find our new membership and communications coordinator.
What we’re looking for: An independent contractor to recruit new members, schedule and post Mode Shift events, assist with membership processing, and more!
Qualifications: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, experience in managing electronic documents. This person will need to be available in Omaha regularly for events and to mail materials.
Compensation & hours: $16-$25/hour depending on experience; roughly 10-12 hours per week.
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will accept applications on a rolling basis but will review them on March 11th. Find the full job description here!
Mode Shift Omaha Membership & Communications Coordinator position is available below and here in a PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rek7BmvhvV6FunJOiTupemADzMK0xHNV/view
Mode Shift Omaha Membership & Communications Coordinator
(Part-time/6-month contract with possibility for renewal)
Mode Shift Omaha is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that advocates for transportation options that enhance quality of life and opportunities to live, work, and play. We do this through education and engagement, monitoring transportation plans and policies, and influencing activities and decision-making related to transportation.
We will accept applications on a rolling basis but will begin reviewing applications on Friday March 11th.
As an independent contractor for Mode Shift Omaha, the Membership & Volunteer Coordinator will play a critical role in supporting existing Mode Shift Omaha programs and projects. The person in this role would:
- Assist with membership processing which includes mailing out membership materials, and reminding members when their memberships have expired.
- Recruit new individual and business members, and serve as the point of contact for members.
- Attend Board meetings.
- Scheduling and posting Mode Shift events on our website and on social media.
- Collecting monthly updates from each Mode Shift team, and compiling to send out in the monthly newsletter.
- Coordinate press releases and communications with local media outlets.
- Support organizational campaigns to improve multi-modal transportation outcomes including organizational partnerships, social media, traditional media, email, and text messages.
- Solicit and curate content from the community at large and Mode Shift members to post on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Moderate Mode Shift meetings as needed to facilitate conversations and complete the agenda.
Additional responsibilities would include, but are not required:
- Coordination of advocacy events, including “Walk With Us” events.
- Speaking at City Council meetings to advocate on behalf of Mode Shift.
- Write/edit blogs to be posted on the website and on social media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms
- Proficiency in producing, sharing, and managing electronic documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Ability to manage a multitude of projects
- Self-motivated with ability to take initiative
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to facilitate and lead in-person and virtual events
- Willingness to learn basic website updates
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Willingness to work with partners at the Weitz Community Engagement Center
- Supportive of Mode Shift’s mission of transportation equity
Special consideration will be given to candidates with knowledge about transportation planning and policy and previous experience in nonprofit administration.
$16-$25 per hour depending on experience; roughly 10-12 hours per week. This is a contract position without benefits.
Note on Contract:
This is an independent contractor position and should not be construed in any way as an employee of the organization. This position is a six-month contract with possibility for renewal. As part of the contract, there will be monthly performance reviews.
Please send cover letter; resume; and a writing sample to email@example.com with “Membership & Volunteer Coordinator” in the subject line.
Mode Shift Omaha is committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We value having diverse staff, members, and volunteers in all of these areas, as well as in transportation mode preferences.
If you need accommodations for this application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of our activities as an organization include:
- Organizing occasional “Walk with Us” events, coffee chats, bicycle rides, and other Mode Shift events about transportation-related issues.
- Monitoring and providing information about local transportation-related projects in Omaha, such as the Omaha Streetcar, and Omaha Rapid Bus Transit.
- Monitoring and advocating for policy changes that support multi-modal transportation.
- Meeting with elected officials about transportation issues.
- Collaborating and networking with other transportation-related organizations such as Bike Walk Nebraska to raise awareness about transportation issues.
- Speaking to neighborhood and other groups about transportation and urban design issues.
Our organization is a member of the Nonprofit Association of the Midlands (www.nonprofitam.org). The successful candidate will have access to NAM Professional Development resources and NAM benefits.
For more information about Mode Shift Omaha, see our website at www.modeshiftomaha.org.