Please mark your calendar for the next Mode Shift Omaha meeting on March 19, 2013 from 6:00-7:30pm in UNO CPACS Room 208. Directions are here.
Also, please attend our rescheduled transportation coffee chat with Tim Weander, Nebraska Department of Roads on Mar. 8, from 8:00-9:00am. We’re meeting at 13th Street Coffee & Tea (519 S. 13th). Pick up a drink and then come upstairs.
We’ve sent out a questionnaire to City Council and Mayoral candidates! Watch for responses to be posted here.
Some additional upcoming events:
- Mar. 12, 5:30-7:00pm, Omaha Bikes monthly meeting. UNO Mammel Hall Room 228H (enter through door marked 228, 2nd floor).
- Mar. 23, 9:00am, ProRail Nebraska Member meeting.
- Mar. 26, 6:30-8:30pm, Mayoral candidate forum on land use and development issues, Omaha Community Playhouse, 6915 Cass St. Omaha by Design, the Greater Omaha Young Professionals and the Eastern Nebraska Development Council will host a mayoral candidate forum on land use and development issues Tuesday, March 26. The event will run from 6:30 to 8:00pm at the Omaha Community Playhouse, 6915 Cass St. The doors will open at 6:00pm.
- Mar. 28, 8:30am, Metro Transit Board meeting, 23 & Cuming.
Finally, some news items and blog posts of interest:
- Planning under way to expand pedestrian bridge to downtown, TD Ameritrade Park
- Parking space economics
**Please reply to this email if you’d like to be taken off our mailing list. Thanks!