If you missed several of the public meetings held over the past couple of weeks, you can find more info about them here:
- Crossroads Area Redevelopment Plan
- Central Omaha Transit Alternatives Analysis
- Dundee business district streetscape design
Please send in your comments!
We also had a great Mode Shift Omaha meeting on Jan.17, 2013. The notes from the meeting are here.
- One thing we are working on is a questionnaire to send to Mayoral and City Council candidates. If you have suggestions for questions, please send us an email.
- We’re also looking for volunteers to attend one monthly Metro Transit board meeting this year and then blog about it. If you’re interested, please sign up here.
We had a very interesting Transportation Coffee Chat with Will Sharp about the Chicago-to-Omaha passenger rail study. Notes from the meeting are here. The main takeaway: a viable rail option from near Omaha to Chicago is possible, but if we want it we need to start getting more vocal about it.
Our next Transportation Coffee Chat will be on
Feb. 22 Mar. 8 from 8:00-9:00am. Our guest will be Tim Weander from the Nebraska Department of Roads. We meet at 13th Street Coffee & Tea (519 S. 13th). Pick up a drink and then come upstairs.
Some upcoming events:
- Feb. 12, 5:30-7:00pm, Omaha Bikes meeting. UNO Mammel Hall Room 228H (enter through door marked 228, 2nd floor).
- Feb. 13, 6:30-8:00pm, Public meeting on Council Bluffs Comprehensive Plan, Council Bluffs Public Library, Meeting Room ‘B’.
- Mar. 8, 8:00-9:00am, Mode Shift Omaha Transportation Coffee Chat. 13th Street Coffee & Tea (519 S. 13th).
- Mar. 26, 6:30-8:30pm, Mayoral candidate forum on land use and development issues, Omaha Community Playhouse, 6915 Cass St., sponsored by Omaha by Design, the Greater Omaha Young Professionals and the Eastern Nebraska Development Council.