The Heyday on May Day event and Transportation Master Plan (TMP) open house is this Tuesday!
Below are the schedule and other important information for you to know. If the weather is iffy, check here or on our Facebook page for announcements. If there is rain, all events will be cancelled except the TMP presentation, which will take place at City Hall Legislative Chambers (1819 Farnam Street) at 6:30pm. The site plan map is here.
Main Stage (25 & Harney Parking Lot):
5:00 PM Music-Michael Murphy
6:30 PM Transportation Master Plan Presentation
After TMP Presentation:
24 & Harney Grassy Area (behind Kellogg Hotel):
Alley cat race organized by Greenstreet Cycles (bring your bike, helmet, light, map & pen; manifests handed out after TMP presentation at about 7:30 PM; no cost to race).
24 Ave. – 26 Street & Harney:
Omaha by Design place game
Community organization tables and information
Photo booth by Justin Limoges & Co.
Bike Shops, Clubs & B-cycle
Art & music indoors and out
Tree-lined cycle track
Food trucks & kettle corn (bring cash!!)
Yoga, hula hooping and other activities
Local businesses open house
Crave (Midtown Crossing, 200 S. 31 Ave)
9:00 PM-? After party
Getting to the Event:
A free Midtown Crossing Shuttle will be operating from 5:00 – 9:00pm continuously between 200 S. 31st Ave. (west side of Turner Park loop) and the Lasting Hope Center’s parking lot on South side of Harney at 26th Street.
- 5:00pm–leave from Greenstreet Cycles (1310 Mike Fahey St.).
- 5:00pm–leave from Keystone Trail & Q St.
- 5:30pm–leave from 49th & Dodge (future site of Dundee Cycles)
- 5:45pm–leave from Westside High School parking lot at 87th & Pacific
Several Metro busses pass nearby the event. Check routes and schedules here.
Other things to know before you arrive:
- Bring cash for food.
- Bring your own chairs, blankets, bike, walking shoes, skate board, etc.
- Be sure to stop by the Mode Shift Omaha table to fill out TMP postcards we’ll deliver to your city council representative telling them you support balanced transportation options in the Omaha area. Here’s an overview of why you should Support the TMP.
THANK YOU to the following for supporting this event:
- The City of Omaha
- Park East Neighborhood Association
- Barnhart Press
- Midtown Crossing
- Omaha Pedalers Bicycle Club
- NuStyle Development Corporation
- Moores Pumping & Portable Toilets
- J Development Company
- Heritage Nursery
- Mulhalls Landscaping and Nursery
- Indian Creek Nursery
- Omaha Metro
- Omaha Bikes and Community Bike Project
- Nebraska Lottery Psycowpath MTB Racing Series
- Brian Tait Studios
- Andy Colley Furniture Studio
- Greenstreet Foundation
- Participating community organizations & artists
- Our many volunteers
Questions? Email Angie at firstname.lastname@example.org.