It’s a transportation celebration on May 1, 5-9pm, 25 & Harney!
Omaha is about to (we hope and expect) adopt an updated Transportation Master Plan for our fine city, and we’re throwing a party to celebrate our past accomplishments and look to the future with hope for many more.
We’re working with the City to shut down the north two lanes of Harney Street between 26th and 24th Ave. to showcase how wonderful an active, walkable, bikeable, liveable street could be! Priority 1 on the master plan is to convert Harney Street, from Midtwown to the Old Market, into a multi-modal corridor friendly multi modes of transportation. The ‘Market to Midtown Connector’ is sure to be a wonderful addition to Omaha. At the Heyday, we’ll help you visualize what that could mean to you.
The shuttle from Midtown Crossing will be running continously from 5-9pm. There will also be group bike rides organizing from around the city. So far confirmed:
- 5:00pm–leave from Greenstreet Cycles (1310 Mike Fahey St.).
- 5:00pm–leave from Keystone Trail & Q St.
- 5:30pm–leave from 49th & Dodge (future site of Dundee Cycles)
- 5:45pm–leave from Westside High School parking lot at 87th & Pacific
Some of the fun, once you get there, will be in the form of the following:
- about 6:30pm: Transportation Master Plan discussion/community feedback (in case of rain, presentation will be held at City Hall)
- 5-9pm: *music *food trucks (Localmotive and Bomb Diggs) *Trugs *bicycle racing/riding *sidewalk chalking *all sorts of art *tree-lined street-scaping/beautification project *bike shops and community organizations with information *filming and photographing the fun *open house of the area *yoga *hoola hooping *roller skating *skate boarding *Omaha by Design place games *excercising with recycled bike innertubes, VeggieTrails and *anything that you can think of that involves fun outside.
- After party at Crave in Midtown Crossing.
Bring your own chairs, tables or blankets if you want to but with so much to do, you won’t be sitting for long! Bring cash for food.
Community organizations are welcome to join us. Please bring your own tables/chairs and email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you plan to attend. Please plan to set up by 4:30pm.
Questions: email us at email@example.com. Let us know too if you can help with planning or helping out at the event. We need volunteers to help with street clean up and set up starting at noon on May 1.